HOME / R&D / Inventing technology / Plasma Nitriding
- Plasma Nitriding is a technology that hardens the steel surface by infiltrating nitrogen into the metal surface using high-density plasma.
- Plasma nitriding improves physical properties such as surface hardness, durability and corrosion resistance of products while minimizing changes in surface roughness.
- After treatment, there is little deterioration in surface roughness and almost no deformation. Therefore, post-processing can be skipped or simplified.
- The composition of the compound layer can be adjusted by the gas ratio, so that mechanical properties can be obtained for suitable purpose.
- Partial nitriding is easy and corrosion resistance is improved depending on the steel types.
- Compared to other nitriding methods, the work environment is clean and the process speed is fast.